THE BUSINESS OF ART/BOOK LAUNCH
Saturday, January 31, 1 to 5 p.m.
Featuring author/artist John Roman and a Panel of Award-Winning Illustrators
Explore opportunities in the field of illustration with artist/author John Roman, whose recently released e-book, 50 Markets of Illustration, offers insights into finding a market that will allow you and your business to flourish. From comic strip and biological illustration, to tattoo artistry, military art, and more, this thorough overview will enhance any freelance illustrator’s job and career search, opening up different and lesser-known aspects of the industry. Book launch reception 4 p.m.
Free with Museum admission.
1 – 2:30 p.m.
Explore the 50 Markets of Illustration book with John Roman and a panel of with award-winning illustrators who will offer invaluable professional observations, including Irena Roman, Lynn Pauley, Dennis Dittrich, and Mario Zucca.
Discussion topics include:
- Understanding the realities of the current market of illustration.
- Finding your passion as an artist and translating that to the industry.
- The available markets of illustration in previous decades.
- Making a living as an artist.
- Esoteric markets out of the public eye.
- Marketing your work in a “new” market of illustration.
- The importance of “specializing” in the present age.
- Breaking into the field by expanding your options.
- Markets that do not yet exist…breaking new ground.
- The ever-changing, ever-evolving world of art/illustration.
- The illustrator as an “individual” creator; forging a personal path.
2:30 – 3 p.m.
Audience Questions and Discussion
3 – 4 p.m.
Artists and students are invited to meet with panelists for one-on-one portfolio reviews and advice on possible directions.
4 – 5 p.m.
Book Launch Reception and Refreshments
Learn more: 50marketsofillustration.blogspot.com